The department takes personal care for each and every student and a very close relation exists between the students and the teachers.
Tutorials, tests, assignments are taken at regular intervals to train up the students to complete the Honours course successfully.
Seminars, debates are encouraged to enhance the confidence of students.
There is good collection of books and reference books in our central Library and the teachers help them to choose the correct book.
The students also take part in various
competitions as debates, essay writing, recitations
and Hindi drama. in other institutions
Students also take part in college activities as Wall Magazine, Sports and Cultural activities.
Higher Education in C.U. and in other reputed
Students may find employment in the field of Advertising, Media, Journalism and publishing house.
Students may also find jobs as teaching faculty in schools, colleges, college libraries and universities, in banks as Hindi officer, Translator and also in Railways as Hindi Adhikari and Translator and other government sectors.
Elective Subject Combinationsfor Hindi (B.A.) as Honours subject
- Philosophy and Political Science
- Philosophy and Elective English
- Sanskrit and Philosophy
- Philosophy and History
- Political Science and History
- History and Elective English
Dr. Reshmi Panda Mukherjee
Dr. Kuldeep Kaur
Dr. Palashi Biswas
and Guest Faculty
Activities of the Hindi Department
Special Lecture delivered by Dr. Munni Gupta, Assistant Professor, Department of Hindi, Presidency University in the department of Hindi in our college on 9th February 2017.
The Department held a Special lecture was held on 31.01.2015. in The Speaker was Prof. Soma Bandhapadhyay, HOD, Department of Hindi, Calcutta University. Topic: Jaishankar Prasad: Vibhinna Paridrishya.
Student Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility Blood donation camp - Shalini Kar of 1st year B.A. HINDI (HONOURS) donated blood in the camp organized in the college on 18.11.2014.
Social Outreach Activities
Students participated in the social outreach programme organized at Refugee, Bowbazar on 26.11.2014
National Unity Day Celebration
A walk was organized on 31.10.2014 on the auspicious birthday of Sri Vallabh Bhai Patel. Departmental students participated in this walk and they prepared charts and banners for the walk.
Participation in Club Activities
- Some of the students have joined the Social Awareness Club formed in the college. These students visited an orphanage house named 'Refugee' located in Bowbazar, Kolkata on 26.11.2014. They have distributed note-books, pencil, erasers, pencil box, drawing kits etc. and some food items to the inmates.
- Students of the Department participated in the 'No Plastic Day' programme organized by Social Awareness Club on 05-06-2015 in the college premises.
- A Story writing competition was organized by Literary Club in June 2015 in the college. Departmental Students participated in the competition and won prizes.
Participation in N.S.S
Departmental students joined in N.S.S Unit-1 which was formed in the college in 2015. Archana Singh of the Department has been selected as student leader.
Student Participation on College Day and Annual Sports
- Students worked as volunteers in College Day Programme held on 18th December 2014.
- Departmental students participated in various events in Annual Sports, 2014. Archana Singh and Sriti Prasad won prizes.
- Students of the Department also worked as volunteers for the Annual Sports Day-2014.
Participation at University and Inter College level
- Departmental students participated in an All India Essay Competition organized by Ramchandra Mission in the year 2014.
- Departmental students participated in the Yuva-Yuva Safal Bharat Programme and Rabindra Jayanti Programme organized at Calcutta University under N.S.S Unit-1.
- Departmental students participated in the "World Environment Day" programme organized by Calcutta University at Rowing Club, Rabindra Sarovar on 05-06-2015 under N.S.S Unit-1.
- Students participated in Inter-college Sports events held at the University of Calcutta in the year 2014.
- Four students of the Department participated in an All India Essay Competition organized by Ramchandra Mission in the year 2015.
- Sujata Sharma of Third year Hindi Honours participated in Inter college creative writing competition held at Presidency University on 17-09-2015.
- Four students of the Department participated in Inter college creative writing competition held at Sri Shikshaytan College on 24-09-2015. Sujata Sharma won first prize in the inter college creative writing competition.
- Students of the Department organized the Teachers' Day function in a humble manner on 12-09-2015.
Awards and Recognitions
- Tulika Mukherjee of 3rd year B.A Hindi Honours won the Best Department Award in the college for the year 2014
- Tulika Mukherjee and Kavita Kumari won prizes in the All India Essay Competition organized by Ramchandra Mission in the 2014.