The Honours Degree Course in Physics began from the academic session (2012-13). The Physics Department has four faculty members and also a guest faculty.
- Tutorials at regular intervals.
- Assignments on different topics.
- Well stocked College Central Library.
- A separate Departmental Seminar Library to facilitate reference work.
- Special lectures on different topics related to the curriculum at regular intervals.
- Presentation by students on topics related to the course.
- Participation of students in various college activities such as publication of Departmental Magazine, Wall Magazine and cultural activities.
- Regular parent-teacher meeting.
- Facilities for enrolling and attending online courses NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning), a joint initiative of the IITs and IISc.
ProspectsPhysics is one of the most fascinating subjects. It is, in fact, a core subject for many science and technology branches. Hence a Bachelor (Honours) Degree in Physics is a must for studying Post-graduate Courses in Physics in various Universities in India and abroad. A student with a Physics Honours Degree may pursue further studies in a wide variety of fields such as Computer Application, Engineering and Technology etc. A student with a Graduate Degree in Physics can pursue Masters Degree in various IITs and other prestigious universities/institutes. One may also join in theoretical as well as experimental research activities in future.
Elective Subject Combinationsfor Physics (B.Sc.) as Honours subject
- Mathematics and Chemistry
Sri. Tapan Nag
Sri. Samar Naskar
Activities of the Physics Department
Dr. Debiprasad Duari, the Director of M. P. Birla Planetarium, Kolkata at the Student seminar at Physics Department
Faculties and students at the workshop in the Department
Amiya Kumar Kalidaha, Senior Scientific Officer at the Department of Higher Education delivering special lecture at the Department