Sri. Newtan Biswas
Qualification: M. A. (English and
Education); B. Ed
Designation: Assistant Professor
Email ID: email@example.com
- Worked at ADROIT as a faculty member and soft skill developer.
- Worked as an Asst. Prof. in English at Ideal Institute of Engineering
- Worked as a Guest Lecturer at Sikkim Manipul University, Kalyani branch.
- Worked as a Guest Lecturer at JRSET College of Law.
- Worked as an asst Prof. in English
at JRSET College of Education, Palpara,
Area of interest:
- Literature, Philosophy, Debate & anchoring.
- I was elected the Class Representative twice at University of Kalyani.
- I was a member of Student Election Committee, 2010, at University of Kalyani.
- Member of the group theatre, "Theatre Kult"
- Acted in different plays under Prof. Samir Das Gupta.
- I was the official anchor of
East Zone Youth Festival 2010, organized
Association of Indian Universities (AIU), and University of Kalyani at
University of Kalyani
Participations and Awards:
- Participated in the " Inter School
Youth Parliament competition "(State
level), Organized by
Department of Parliamentary Affairs,
Govt. of West Bengal, and was awarded
Prize 4th in 1999.
- Participated in the
inter-college debate competition on'
Population and Environment ',
Organized by IAPPD, New Delhi and University of Kalyani and their I was awarded the 1st Prize on 31st October 2006.
- Participated in the East Zone Youth Festival organized by Birla Institute of Technology and 'Association Of Indian Universities' at Ranchi, Jharkhand, there I was awarded the 3rd prize in Debate, in the month of Nov. 2006.
- Participated in the 8th National
Youth Parliament Competition for
Colleges (National Level) organized by Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Gov. of India, awarded the 1st prize on 25th July, 2006.
- Participated in the Third National Inter-Univresity Debate, 2007 on POPULATION AND ENVIRONMENT , organized by IAPPD, New Delhi at New Delhi on 16th to 17th November, 2007.
- Participated in the East Zone
Youth Festival in Elocution, Debate and
at Raipur, Chattisgarh fromDec.27 to Dec.31, 2007.
- Participated in the East Zone Youth Festival in Elocution, Debate and event at Ranchi University, Ranchi from 2nd Dec. to 6th Dec. 2008.
- Participated in the 9th National
Youth Parliament Competition for
Colleges (Group Level) and Occupied 1st position in 2008.
- Presented a
paper on 'Nationalist Tagore as an
International Figure' in UGC sponsored
National Seminar entitled "RABINDRANATH TAGORE:
NATIONALISM AND INTERNATIONALISM"
at Shimurali Sachinandan College of Education,
W.B. on 19th and 20th August, 2011.
* This paper was published in the college journal, with ISBN- 978-81-922902-0-1
- Presented a paper on' Changing
World, Changing Curriculum and Result !' in UGC
sponsored National Seminar entitled "REALITY & PRACTICES OF NCTE CURRICULUM FRAMEWORK-2009 IN THE LIGHT OF NATIONAL CURRICULUM FRAMEWORK-2005" at University of Kalyani, W.B. ON September 22nd and 23rd, 2011.
* This paper was counted as one of the best paper of the seminar and published by the University in the proceedings of the seminar.
- Presented a paper entitled 'An
Ideal Curriculum' in UGC sponsored State level
"REVIEW OF B.ED. CURRICULUM OF DIFFERENT UNIVERSITIES OF WEST
BENGAL WITH RESPECT TO GUIDELINES OF NCTE." at Shimurali Sachinandan
College of Education, W.B. on 3rd and 4th February, 2012.
* The paper was published in the proceedings, with ISBN 978-81-922902-1-8
- Presented a paper entitled
'Marketization of Education and Cultural
Crisis.' in a UGC sponsored National Seminar on the topic "EDUCATION IN THE 21ST
CENTURY", at Shimurali Sachinandan College of Education, W.B in collaboration with Ramkrishna Mission Sikshamandir, Belurmath, Howrah, on 13th and 14th March, 2012.
* This paper was published in the proceedings with ISBN-978-81-922902-2-5
- Presented a paper entitled 'VIVEKANANDA'S VIEW OF WOMEN EDUCATION: A CRITICAL ANALYSIS IN THE LIGHT OF 21ST CENTURY' in an international seminar on the topic "THOUGHTS AND IDEAS OF SWAMI VIVEKANANDA ON EDUCATION", organized by University of Kalyani and MHRD, Gov. of India on 18th and 19th April, 2012.
- Presented a paper entitled 'THE DESTINY OF CULTURAL IDENTITY IS SHAPED IN THE ROOM OF NEWS MEDIA' in an international seminar entitled "NEWS MEDIA AND BENGALI CULTURE ", organized by NSS and University of Kalyani on 4th May 2012.
- Participated in a seven day national
level workshop on 'Research Methodology' at
University of Kalyani, Dept. of Education
from 13th to 20th June, 2012.viii) Presented a paper entitled,
'QUALITY EDUCATION FOR ALL, FOR A
BETTER GREENER SOCIETY' on 4th and 5th October 2012, in a UGC sponsored National Seminar at Union
Christian Training College, Murshidabad.
* The paper was counted as one of the best paper and it was published in the proceedings with ISBN 978-81-925536-0-3, in 2015.
- A paper entitled "Teaching as a profession in Indian Society" was published in a multi-disciplinary, Peer-Reviewed Journal, EDULIGHT with ISSN- 2278-9545 in its November 2012 issue.
- Participated in a seven day National level workshop on "Modification of Teacher Education Curriculum" at University of Kalyani, Dept. of Education from Dec.12 to Dec.19, 2012.
- Paper entitled ' Professionalism Of Teacher Educators And Modern Indian Society' was published in the JOURNAL OF EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT, a multi-disciplinary, peer reviewed journal with ISSN: 2248-9703, in December, 2012
- Paper entitled 'ANTI-COLONIALIST VIVEKANANDA'S RELEVENCE IN THE WORLD OF ECONOMIC COLONIALISM' was published in JOURNAL OF EDUCATION AND CULTURE, a referred journal in education with ISSN: 2229-4287 in January, 2013.
- Paper entitled 'Teacher and Teaching in the Ever Deepening Globalizing India' was published in MS ACADEMIC, an international referred journal in education with ISSN: 2229-6484 in January, 2013.
- Presented a paper entitled, 'EMPOWERING AND EDUCATING WOMEN TO PROTECT FROM HARMFUL COSMETICS' on 4th and 5th October 2012, in a UGC sponsored National Seminar at Shimurali Sachinandan College of Education on 21st & 22nd March, 2013. *The paper was published in the proceedings with ISBN 978-81-922902-5-6, in October 2013.
- A paper entitled "The Future of Human Civilization is Being Shaped in the Room of Social Media" was published in'Journal of Knowledge' , a multi-disciplinary, peer reviewed journal with ISSN: 2321-9-791X in December, 2014.
- The paper entitled ' Re-reading Ciacago Speech of Swami Vivekananda to Restore Peace' was published in the book 'Modern Trends in Education' by APH Publishing Corporation, New Delhi.
- Presented a paper entitled 'FACT AND ISSUES IN PREPARING PROFESSIONAL AND HUMANE TEACHER' in an International Seminer at JRSET College of education, Chakdaha, Nadia on February, 2015
- Presented a paper entitled 'Role Expected From the Teachers to Educate the Students to Respect their Cultural Heritage' in an International Seminer at JRSET College of education, Chakdaha, Nadia in September, 2016.
- Delivered a speech as a resource person on "Quest For Man Making: Education in the Footsteps of Swami Vivekananda" on 13th September 2017.
Special Lecture and Public Speech:
- Delivered a special lecture on 'Youth Parliament Competition in the Context of Modern Political Scenario ' at Haringhata Mahavidyalaya in January 2015.
- Delivered a public speech on 'Need for Woman Empowerment' at Hemaitpur Hazrapur Samabai Krisi Unnayan Samiti Ltd. Nadia, on the eve of International Women's Day on 8th March, 2015.
- Acted as a Resource Person in the workshop 'Youth Parliament Competition' organized by Haringhata Mahavidyalay in September 2016.
- Delivered a special talk on " Role
of Education in the 21st Century
Changing Society " at Moyna College,
Purba Medinipur on 2nd December, 2016