The College Central Library is well-equipped and well
stocked. It has over twenty eight thousand collections of
printed books and e books. Library subscribes five magazines and
two peer review journals for undergraduate students. Library
services are fully automated. The library has two rooms. One
room which is the reading room includes books stacks too. The
second room also has book stacks and is used as the circulation
counter. There is a mezzanine block which is the UGC Network
Center. It has bounded volumes of journals and also serves as
the reading room.
From 2014, the information management system was based on LIBSYS
(LSease version) Library Management Software. Presently it has
switched over to KOHA (22.11 version). The Central Library
follows Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme (19th ed.) for
classification and AACRII code for cataloguing of books. Books
are arranged according to Broad Subject Category in a 000-999
series. All books have been barcoded.
The library has started digitizing a few important reference
books which are presently not available in the market. They are
in fragile condition and need proper preservation.
The Central Library remains open on all working days during
college hours. During University Examination, Library remains
closed for the students for maintaining the examination decorum.
Central Library is fully Air Conditioned and Wi-Fi enabled. the
users can avail of the and user can avail the net facility
through QR scan code.
CCTV has been installed to ensure safety and security of the
For preservation of books College Central Library is regularly
treated with Pest Control measures.
Smt. Lalima Pal, Library Assistant
All bona fide students, staff, faculties and Alumni members
have the right to access the College Central Library. To use the
NLIST e- resources, all bona fide users need to fill up the
Google Form by visiting the link posted in the library website
page for the said purpose. Each individual user has her/his own
User ID and Password for accessing the NLIST e-resources.
Entitlement of books during a period is as follows -
|Category of Members
||No. of Books Entitled
Library Rules and Regulations
- On production of the Identity Card, each student shall be
provided with Borrower's Cards against which books will be
- Library Cards are non-transferable. Loss of this card must
be reported immediately to the Librarian and a fresh card will
be issued on payment of a fine of Rs.100.00.
- Students may borrow two books at a time. Books must be
returned within 15 days from the date of issue, failing which a
fine will be charged on a per day basis. Till the payment of the
fine, borrowing facility will be withdrawn.
- Students must ensure that the borrowed book is in proper
condition. Any book lost, damaged or defaced must be replaced by
the borrower. Till the damage is made good, the borrower will
have no right to use the library.
- Students must renew their library cards each time they take
fresh admission for a new semester.
- Students must return their library books before the
commencement of the last Semester-end Examination (Semester VI),
barring which they will not be allowed to fill in the University
- Students seeking transfer and students appearing in Part II,
Part III& Semester Examinations must obtain a clearance
certificate from the librarian before a transfer certificate or
admit card is issued.
- The College Library has book bank facility which caters to
the requirements of the needy students of the college. Under
this facility, books specified as texts and / or references in
the course syllabi of different subjects are earmarked for use
by the deserving students.
- The College Library also has provision for alumni to avail
of reading facilities against nominal charges.
||28606 (up to March 2022)
|Bound Volume Journals/Magazines
Facility for the Differently-abled students
Central Library has a special collection of Braille Books, and
has some Audio Books in digital form which can be used by the
differently-abled (divyangjan) students..
- Automated circulation of library books.
- UGC Network Center.
- Wi Fi Zone in the Central Library.
- Braille Books Collection.
- Audio Books Collection.
- Book Bank Facility.
- Question Bank available both in offline and online mode.
- E- resources available on 24*7 basis through Central
- Online Public Access Catalogue.
- Information Display Board outside the Central Library.
- Journal Display Cabinet.
- Reference services to the users.
- Reprography service.
- Bibliographical reference service
- Reading room services.
Library Best Practices
- Central Library Website Page was created in August 2020
midst Covid-19 pandemic lockdown to serve the users, both
students and staff at their comfort zone 24*7.
- Central Library organizes a Library Orientation Program
for new entrants every new academic session
- Central Library is an Open Access Library.
- There is a New Arrival Display Board.
- Library has its own Facebook Page.
- There is Book Bank facility for needy and deserving
- Central Library has Career Counselling Corner with some
books to guide the student in their career building..