(A Three Year B.A. (Honours) Course under 1+1+1 Regulations (2009) of University of Calcutta)
Course Outcomes - Education Honours
PHILOSOPHICAL FOUNDATION OF EDUCATION AND CONTRIBUTION OF GREAT EDUCATORS
- The students can understand the meaning, aims, functions and role of education.
- The students can understand the relation between education and philosophy.
- The students get acquainted with Indian and western schools of philosophy and their impact on education.
- The learners get acquainted with the contribution of great educators.
- The students understand the aims of education with special reference to Delor's Commission.
- Students can understand and analyz the contributions of Western and Eastern educators Rousseau, Froebel, Montessori, Bertrand Russell, Dewey, Rabindranath and Vivekananda.
PSYCHOLOGICAL FOUNDATION OF EDUCATION
- The students can understand the meaning of Psychology, and they get acquainted with its different perspectives.
- The students realize the relationship between Psychology and education.
- Students know the patterns of different aspects of human developments and relate this knowledge with Education.
- The learners get acquainted with the cognitive approach to development and thus to understand the processes and factors of cognition.
- The students can discuss the various stages of development and their educational implications.
- The students can understand and analyze the neural basis of cognition.
- The students can explain the role and factors of perception.
- The students can comprehend the role of attention in cognition and distinguish between the factors of attention.
- The learners can discuss the process of memory and its related concepts.
- The students understand the concept of motivation.
- The learners can analyze intelligence and
DEVELOPMENT OF EDUCATION IN INDIA
- The students get acquainted with the salient features of education in Indiain Ancient & Medieval times.
- The students get acquainted with the development of education in British India.
- The students come to know about the development of education in Independent India, including significant points of selected Education.
- The learners were acquainted with current issues and trends in Education.
- Students able to analyze the development of Education after 1947in the light of constitutional provisions concerning education in India.
- Students have a clear idea about the recommendations of Hunter Commission (1882- 83), Curzon Policy, National Education Movement, Calcutta University Commission(1917-1919), Basic Education and Sargent Plan etc.
SOCIOLOGICAL FOUNDATION OF EDUCATION AND EDUCATIONAL
ORGANIZATION & MANAGEMENT.
- The students can understand the meaning of sociology and Education and realize its pertinence to education.
- The learners become aware of the different social factors that influence education.
- The students become aware of social groups that influence education.
- The students become aware of the processes of social change and their impact on education.
- The students get acquainted with current social issues and their relationship with Education.
- The learners understand the concept of school organization.
- The students get acquainted with modern aspects of school organization.
- The students understand the difference between educational Management & Administration at different levels of education.
- The learners understand the meaning, types and need for educational management.
- The students understand the meaning, types, need and strategies of educational planning.
Part - III
PSYCHOLOGY OF ADJUSTMENT AND EDUCATIONAL GUIDANCE &
- The learners understand the concept of adjustment and maladjustment.
- The students can identify some commonly found problem behaviors along with the etiology and remedial measures.
- The students became aware of the role of parents and educational institution in promoting mental health.
- The students became aware about different coping strategies for successful stress - management.
- The students understand the concept of guidance and counseling.
- The learners become aware about tools and techniques for conducting guidance and counseling services.
- Students can classify various tools for collecting data for providing guidance to the students.
EVALUATION IN EDUCATION
- The students develop understanding of the concepts of measurement and evaluation in education.
- The students get acquaint with different types of measuring instruments and their uses.
- The students get acquainted with the principles of test construction.
- The learners develop understanding of the concepts of validity and reliability and their importance in educational measurement.
- The learners develop the ability to organize relevant educational data. They also develop the ability to use various statistical measures in analysis and interpretation of educational data and the ability to interpret test data.
- The learners develop the ability to represent educational data through graphs.
- The learners develop skill in analyzing descriptive measures.
EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY AND CURRICULUM
- To enable the student to understand the concept of educational technology.
- To expose the students to the basic developments in educational technology.
- To acquaint the students with different instructional techniques.
- The students develop the ability to analyze classroom teaching – learning and the ability to observe classroom behaviour and group dynamics.
- The learners understand the meaning and scope of curriculum.
- The students understand the basis of curriculum construction, evaluation and innovation.
COMPARATIVE EDUCATION AND PRACTICAL
- The students can analyze and compare Indian educational system with abroad.
- The learners get acquainted with the process of collecting data.
- The students can apply relevant statistical techniques to display and analyze data.
- The learners acquire the skills of
observation and inference in relation to some
selected constructs in educational psychology.
Education General (Elective) Subject Course Outcomes
Principles of Education
- Understanding the concept of education, its nature and scope.
- Analyzing the difference between the individualistic and socialistic perspectives in education
- Comprehending the concepts of freedom and discipline
- Understanding the various factors influencingeducationCO5Discussing the role of different agencies and institutions of education
- Understanding and analyzing child-centricism
- Analyzing the role of play and play-way in
- Understanding the concepts, nature and scope of Psychology and Educational psychology
- Discussing the various stages of development and their educational implications
- Explaining the concept of personality and its related theories.
- Comprehending the concept of emotion and its related theories.
- Understanding Habit and its educational significance
- Comprehending and classifying of intelligence
- Discussing the process of memory and its related concepts
- Explaining the nature and educational implications of attention and Interest
- Discussing learning, its types and its relation to motivation and maturation
- Analyzing remembering and forgetting LECTURE
HOURS-4.5 Hours per week.
Development of Education in Modern India
- Understanding and comparing the features of ancient and medieval history of education in India
- Identifying the activities of Serampore Missionaries activities in education
- Highlighting the contribution of introduction of English education by Lord Bentinck
- Analyzing the Adams Report, Anglicist – Orientalist controversy, Macaulay's Minute, Bentinck's resolution and Wood Despatch
- Highlighting the social and educational contributions of Raja Rammohan and Vidyasagar
- Highlighting the recommendations of Hunter Commission (1882-83)
- Discussing the growth of national consciousness: Conflict with Lord Curzon (1902 to 1905)CO6 Understanding and analyzing the National Education Movement and contributions of Vivekananda, Rabindranath and Aurobindo
- Highlighting the recommendations of The Sargent Plan 1944
- Understanding the various Education Commissions-University Education Commission, Secondary Education Commission and Indian Education Commission
- Analyzing education of women since independence
- Assessing the National Policy on education (1986)
Evaluation and Guidance in education
- Identifying the concept, scope and needs of educational measurement and evaluation
- Classifying and analyzing tools and techniques of evaluation
- Understanding and classifying types of tests
- Understanding the criteria of constructing standardized tests
- Understanding Statistics and its use in the field of education
- Organizing and graphically representing data
- Calculating and applying measures of central tendencies
- Calculating and applying measures of variability
- Understanding and calculating Linear Correlation
- Understanding the concept, scope, types for guidance and counseling
- Analyzing the concept of adjustment,
maladjustment: its causes and remedies.